The International Space Station can be an inspiring topic to study. Starting from the international co-operation required to realise the project to the current projects underway it can touch on many parts of the curriculum.
The European Space Agency website has links to both the Primary and Post-Primary Education Kits.
To see where ISS is at any moment, use ESA’s ISS tracker.
The ISS Education kit is divided into five chapters:
- What is the International Space Station?
- Building the International Space Station
- Living on board the International Space Station
- Working on board the International Space Station
- Future Voyages
The Primary Education Kit contains:
- Chapter 1 Being an astronaut
- Chapter 2 A mission to space
- Chapter 3 On board the Space Station
- Chapter 4 Living in Space