CPD is designed to help teachers and schools to:
- Grow a love of investigation amongst children by assisting teachers to apply the DPSM/ESERO framework of inquiry based science teaching and learning
- Make science teaching easier by using the DPSM Classroom Activities Planning Guideand DPSM/ESERO framework of inquiry to deliver the science curriculum in a cross curricular manner
- Operate a whole school approach to engaging with Science and Maths.
- Understand the relevance of and be able to use space as a cross curricular theme in their planning and teaching.
We currently support primary teachers through:
- CPD sessions for STEM Weeks, using inquiry approaches in the teaching of science in numerous locations.
- Department of Education approved 5 day summer courses in numerous locations.
For further details on all CPD activities, please contact Frances McCarthy of CIT Blackrock Castle Observatory by email: email@example.com